The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Breaking Dawn

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 1:01 am

I thought you guys would have lots of posts on the book by now Smile

So I just finished book 2, and Jacob, who I have actually liked in this book and haven't minded his perspective except in the beginning, has just seen Bella's baby. My only response is:

A-FUCKING-NNOYING

Last edited by tjy49 on Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 3:16 am

thought: would Jacob and Renesmee's child be a werepire? And would it be enhanced due to the imprinting happens to the person who can carry on the genes/ enhance them? I feel like this is a weird Romeo and Juliet thing, merging the werewolves and the vampires.
Back to top Go down
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:57 pm

So... who else is done and ready to talk about the book? You guys want me to post, and now no one else does Razz
Maybe I'm just impatient.

-Mandy
Back to top Go down
Kate
Admin
Kate

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:43 pm

Sorry, Amandeep, but I thought I was the only one who had finished. XD

Yeah, suprisingly I loved Jacob's POV. I think Stephenie will continue Jacob's storyline, along with Nessie and Nahuel. I see a new love triangle to obsess about, but this time I think I'll be on the dog's side. XD

I just wish, wish, wish, that Jane had gotten a Cullen smack down. Anf my girl Angela... so sad about that. I was hoping she'd turn out to be a wich... maybe someday.

Otherwise, I actually really loved the book. It's my new 2nd favorite book (Twilight will always be the bestest).

And thank you , Stephenie Meyer, for having cool vampire Kate end up with super hot vampire Garrett. That was for me, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/
Mickey
BookWorm
BookWorm

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:11 am

I finished the book yesterday, and maybe it was the missed sleep, or whatever, but I felt like the end was almost anti-climatic. All of the preparations leading up to the confrontation with the Volturi and then, for it to come to such a sudden and peaceful end (not including the very predictable death of Irina...she had it coming). I wanted more I guess. I did figure out early on that Jacob would imprint on the baby. Actually, as soon as it was revealed that Bella was pregnant, I figured that's how it would go down, so all of the main characters would have their happy ending. I was glad about that, because I always liked Jacob, just not as a match for Bella. Overall, I enjoyed how it all played out, but I am going to have to read it again. And how much did I love that Alice was the hero of the story! Yay! I always liked her.

Mic Smile
Back to top Go down
Kate
Admin
Kate

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:58 pm

I agree, I was hoping for a battle, but the book was so much better than I thought it would initially turn out to be! I am shocked at the amount of people that are angry over the book... there's a movement on Amazon.com to return the book to make a statement. I can only guess that these are people who have not bothered to finish the book... jackasses.

Is the whole Nessie storyline really that off from the rest of the series? Bella goes from plain girl to vampire lover, werewolf crush, and so many other ridiculously crazy things like imprinting, and a half vampire baby is making them whine?

Grow up. You think you can do a better job? Then do it, whiners. I have a HUGE problem with people returning a book just because it wasn't exactly want they wanted. I didn't realize that the only point to read books was to get a storyline that is just a reflection of your own childish views.

Sorry, it just pisses me off. So if you don't like Breaking Dawn you can kiss my royal white Irish bottom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:37 pm

I finished reading Breaking Dawn on Monday night. But I will wait to post my thoughts until Thursday, because I am having lunch with Kate on Thursday and there are some things I want to say to her in person and not have her read it on the site. While reading the book I was taking notes, so I am basically just going to transfer my notes into my post.
Also, whenever you see this little guy Twisted Evil just insert whichever curse word you choose for that moment! It is just my little way of keeping my post PG!

Pg. 9 Jacob is missing- I honestly when reading Eclipse, didn’t think that Jacob would be leaving for so long. I thought he was just going for a run to see how far he could push himself, when Sam asks him to come home when he can, I figured it would just be a couple of hours. So I was shocked that he had been gone for so long, and I feel awful for Charlie, he is so worried and Bella and Billy aren’t reacting the same.
Pg. 11 Bella calls Seth- I love Seth in this book. I love that he has continued to be friends with the Cullens. I love when he gives Edward a hug at the wedding. It’s just nice to at least have one of the werewolves not just give up on the Vampires. I mean you can kind of tell later in the book that the others do still appreciate what they went through together that past spring, but Seth is the only one who truly formed a friendship with the others. And I just think it’s nice. And very mature on Seth’s part.
Pg. 17 telling Renee and Charlie- I love that they react so supportively, I don’t think it would have been much fun reading the whole first book, if she was still trying to convince her parents that she was making the right choice the whole time.
Chapter 3 is the whole wedding and there are just too many “awe” moments to list. But I liked it.
Pg. 58 Jacob comes back- I was so happy when reading this part, I didn’t think I would care so much when he finally returned but I really was so happy he was back.
Pg. 66 Jacob grabs Bella- Twisted Evil ing Jacob!!
Pg. 89 The morning after- the whole feather scene was really hilarious but also kind of annoying. It reminded me of New Moon when they were trying to convince each other that neither was asleep or dead.
Pg. 130 :twisted:ing pregnant- I am so angry that this is the direction that she’s taking the book. COME ON!!!! I flipped forward a few pages to see when this first book ended and realize that the whole second book was in Jacob’s perspective!!! Twisted Evil ing Jacob!!! That is it I am going to bed!!!
The next day I realized that I would probably never want to ever re-read this book, I mean ever!!! So that is when I decided to start over from the beginning so I could take notes. So moving on- I hate Edwards reaction. The way he doesn’t even stop and talk to Bella about what is happening. But, Kate is right, that is sooooo Edward, remember his reaction to James in Twilight, he wanted to just take off and it was because Emmet and Alice were with him and Bella that he finally stopped and listened to reason.
Pg. 180 the deal with Jacob- I can’t believe that Edward tries to make this deal with Jacob, he can’t really think that Bella wanting to have a child is all that this is about, in all his perfection Edward can be such a Twisted Evil er sometimes.
Pg. 209, 213, & 230 Jacob becomes Alpha- well we all knew that this was going to happen at some point. And I am kind of glad that Sam didn’t have to die in order to make it happen. Just because it is just interesting to see how the two different packs worked. I am so proud of Seth for taking a stand along side Jacob, and I guess it is nice that Leah joined too, although she’s still a Twisted Evil
Pg. 249 Bella drinks blood- sooooooooo gross!!! I can’t believe she likes it!!! Ewww!!! I also realize at this point that I am so glad this part of the book is written in Jacob’s perspective, I don’t’ think I could take it if it was still in Bella’s, plus Jacob really is funny!
Pg. 271 blonde jokes- I love the hostility between Jacob and Rosalie, him calling her “blondie” and all the jokes, so funny.
Pg. 302 they use their teeth- EW!!! Time to put the book in the freezer that is to disgusting!!!
Pg. 303-304 Jacob throws the dish at Rosalie- Laughed for 5 minutes straight!! I’m loving Jacob right now.
Pg. 305 talking about the teeth again- EW!!! EW!!! EW!!! Freezer, freezer, freezer!!!!!!!!!!!
Then I turned the page and the title for the next chapter made me laugh for another 5 minutes!!!
Pg. 318 Leah talks to Jacob- Twisted Evil it, Kate was right, I like Leah now.
Pg. 326 Edward hears the baby- Alright, alright, it has won me over, they can have the baby, I wont be mad anymore.
Pg. 360 Jacob imprints- ARE YOU Twisted Evil ing KIDDING ME!!!! This book is total CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! He imprints on his best friends DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who is he Twisted Evil ing Woody Allen!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m going to throw this book across the room and I’m going to bed!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS Twisted Evil ing BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the second time I threw the book down and went to bed furious.
Pg. 380 Bella changes- this whole section is written really well. Everything is so detailed, and the way that she wont even let herself grab Edward’s hand for fear that she’ll totally loose it.
Pg. 390 Bella is a vampire- this is the page where it finally clicked! I get it! I don’t know what about finally seeing Bella as a vampire made everything else that I hated about this book make sense, but it did, this was the page where I realized what Stephanie Meyer was doing, and I got it…and I liked it. Stephanie Meyer said herself that Bella’s and Edward’s relationship was defined by the fact that he was a vampire and she wasn’t, now that she is of course the feel of that book is going to be completely different then the ones before it. I still don’t understand the necessity of some of the stuff in this book, but I am with you now.
Pg. 449 Bella’s reaction to Jacob’s imprinting- THANK YOU!!! But I’m sorry Seth was hurt
Pg. 485 Bella and Edward’s first night together- Hey Amanda, I think this might be the answer to your boyfriends question!!! Wink
Pg. 511 Charlie’s reaction- I am glad that Charlie found a way to be a part of Bella’s life still, though I still think Jacob was a Twisted Evil ing idiot!!! And I also have to admit, as much as I love Jasper, Emmet is quickly becoming my favorite because he is sooooo funny!!!
Pg. 560 Alice leaves- Alice wouldn’t just leave people, come on. Even if she knew there was no hope and that they would die, I honestly don’t think Jasper would just allow this. As strong as the love is they have for each other that is still there family and I WILL NOT believe that they would just leave because they were afraid that they would loose.
Pg. 580 Eleazar’s gift- Now I am betting that he will see something in Bella that the others haven’t picked up on. Which is good because I am not really buying that super self control is the only power she is going to end up with. That is just kind of lame.
Pg. 607 company- Now this is just plain fun, meeting all the other vampires!!! I like this part!!!
Pg. 652 Bella imagines a happy ending- Bella implies that even if they both die, as long as they go to heaven together, it would still be a happy ending. So they could both die!!! If this is foreshadowing I don’t like it!!!
Pg. 678 The Volturri are coming- Could this be anymore intense, I’m going to have to take my dog for a walk now just to relieve the tension. It is reminding me of the ending to Lord of the Rings, where Frodo has to leave with the Elves, because it is like, after everything that has happened, or is about to happen, how can it all just go back to normal? This can’t possible end well.
Pg. 718 facing the Volturri- Where the Twisted Evil is Alice? I refuse to believe that I am wrong about her coming back, I keep glancing at the next page to see if I can find her name but she is nowhere! Where the Twisted Evil is she?
Pg. 719 Garrett’s speech- I like this Garrett guy, he is probably my favorite of all the new vampires.
Pg. 723 the Goodbyes- NO NO NO, I will admit that I am very emotional so I did cry a little at this part, only a little!
Pg. 732 Alice returns- ALICE ALICE ALICE!!!!!!!!!!
Pg. 739 the resolution- it is hard to believe that after all that build up, the Volturri just leave. No fighting no epic battle!!! But for fear of loosing one of the characters I love, I’ll take it.
Pg 754 The End- THAT WAS GOOD! THAT WAS SO GOOD! I WOULDN’T CHANGE A THING! IT WAS PERFECT! I LOVED IT, I WOULD READ IT AGAIN I SWEAR!!!!!!!!

As much as I hated it at parts, I really did love this book in the end. I love the risks that Stephanie took. Plus I really do love the fact that she ended it with her lead character literally getting EVERYTHING she ever wanted. No one dies, no one looses an ear, no one really suffers at all. It is a happy happy ending and I love a happy ending.
P.S. Stephanie, don’t take it personally if I don’t always trust the decisions you make, even Edward Norton has let me down sometimes (aka Down in the Valley…that movie is a piece of Twisted Evil )
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Breaking Dawn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Dawn   Breaking Dawn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breaking Dawn
Page 1 of 1