The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What's Going On?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

What's Going On? Empty
PostSubject: What's Going On?   What's Going On? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:56 pm

I felt like writing a bit, just random thoughts about things that are going on in my life. And I just didn't feel like writing it in my blog because Kate was pretty much the only one who ever read my blog and I haven't written in it for forever!
So for those of you who haven't heard, my computer killed itself a couple of weeks ago. We had been having some small problems with the battery cord and certain "virus protection" programs that were locking it up, but in the end Toby (that was my computer's name; Toby Toshiba) just couldn't take it anymore and he flung himself off a chair. The screen cracked to where you can only see a third of it. At first I told myself that it would be ok, that I can use the computer at work and that getting a brand new computer just wouldn't be a priority for a while. But now, I am going a little crazy without it. I miss my music library, I miss being able to down load books, and now that I am manager and both of the girls that I work with are new and I don't want them developing any bad habbits just yet, I feel uncomfortable getting on the internet at work. Even now I'm just trying to type as fast as I can, and then I'll have to pause it for a while, so I can do the audit. It will probably take me ALL day to finally post these comments.
Anyway, so at work I have two girls that work with me now. Cindy and Jaimee. I don't really like either of them to be honest. Jaimee is 23 but she acts like she is fresh out of highschool. She is loud and talks A LOT, way more than I do!!! She has been working here since the 15th and already, I've had to confront her twice about her behavior and she's been written up once for being 2 hours late! She is the typical girl who you give an inch and she takes miles and miles and miles.
Cindy I was actually more excited about working with because she is older. She is 28 so I figured we would have more in common (Jaimee doesn't know who U2 are and has never heard of the bratt pack) but alas, I was wrong. Cindy doesn't know who U2 are either and the only bratt pack movie she saw was Manaquin, which doesn't really count because it only contained one bratt pack member, although Andrew McCarthy was my favorite! Wink So Cindy and I have nothing in common either and she doesn't always get my sarcasim. I'll make a joke about something and she looks like I insulted her. But the worst part is that I don't think Cindy really sees me as her manager yet. So far whenever she has a question about something she keeps calling Dave who is the manager above me. I don't know how to really explain it but it is more just a feeling that I get that she just doesn't really respect me. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
Ok, I've finished the comments about my life and now I'm going to finally work on my posting for Lux.
Oh, and one more thing, I miss you Amanda! I'm sorry I've been a bad friend. I haven't called or replyed to the comments you made on here about ordering too many jeans and what not! I'll try to call you tonight I swear! I hope you're having a good time though and enjoying Arkansas.
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com
Kate
Admin
Kate

What's Going On? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Going On?   What's Going On? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:36 pm

Why do you keep spelling Brat Pack with two t's?

Sucks about your sucky employees. Heard from Matt?

Mom took my Round Ireland with a Fridge book, so don't know that I'll get it done in time. But she buys food, so I can't steal it back, although I did get her to stop bending the front cover and pages back all the way because that annoys the piss out of me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

What's Going On? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Going On?   What's Going On? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:23 pm

No word from Matt yet. I'm still invited to the wedding though so I suppose I'll see him them.
The girl that I don't really get along with because we have nothing in common, Cindy, she's actually not bothering me so much anymore because, even though we don't get along on a personal side, she is a good employee as far as getting her work done. Which is more important in the long run but at the same time, it makes the days seem really really long when we work together. Jamiee just pisses me off all the time so hopefully she'll Forks up soon and either quit or get fired! Twisted Evil
I am so bored today, Jamiee went home sick and I'm all alone. I should take this oppurtunity to get some work done, but alas I'm just on the computer.
I wish I had brought my book with me cause then I could type out my thoughts for it but I left it and the Ireland book at home. I hope you guys liked them.
Have we picked a book for August yet? I was wondering how you guys would feel on just doing one book for august. I'm still trying to finish Jane Eyre and I wanted to reread Hunger Games before the next book comes out so I can remember it. Hmm...I wonder if they have Hunger Games to rent in the audio book section at Hastings?
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

What's Going On? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Going On?   What's Going On? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Going On?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight Book Club :: Library-
Jump to: