The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mandy's Pick

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

Mandy's Pick Empty
PostSubject: Mandy's Pick   Mandy's Pick Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 6:31 pm

K, I'm thinking Revolutionary Road by Richard Yates because it's coming out in theaters in December or Choke by Palahniuk because it was recommended to me and is now available for me to pick up at the library, and also being made into a movie. I don't know much about either. Another option is Sunshine by Robin McKinley, which my friend wants me to read, and it has vampires in it. I'm also worried I won't have time to read because of school Sad
Back to top Go down
Kate
Admin
Kate

Mandy's Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandy's Pick   Mandy's Pick Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Ohhhh....vampires. XD Don't worry if you have time to read, just make sure you are on here daily! Just joking... reading is fundamental. I know, I sound like a The More You Know ad.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

Mandy's Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandy's Pick   Mandy's Pick Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Okay so I just read the reviews on Amazon for the three books you mentioned. I really liked the sound of Choke, it just sounded completely different from anything that I have read recently and I know that author also did Fight Club, which I've always wanted to read, love the movie, and I think Ame read it and liked it. So my vote is for that one.
But I will say that Sunshine also sounded interesting and I would read that one as well. Plus it sounded like an easier read and a little more light hearted. And if you are really worried about having time for a book, in between school work, then I would pick that one.
Also, when reading about Sunshine, I also took notice of two of her other books Beauty and Rose Daughter, and both of those sounded really good. I might have to pick one of those for the next time it is my turn, or just read them on my own if I can't wait that long. They are supposed to be re-telling's of Beauty and the Beast, and they sounded really interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

Mandy's Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandy's Pick   Mandy's Pick Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 2:27 am

okay, so let's do sunshine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mandy's Pick Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandy's Pick   Mandy's Pick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mandy's Pick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight Book Club :: Book Recommandations-
Jump to: