The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fun Questions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

Fun Questions Empty
PostSubject: Fun Questions   Fun Questions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:06 pm

These are questions that are mostly based on events in The Eyre Affair, but you don't need to have read the Eyre Affair to answer them. So I created a seperate topic so that those who haven't read or don't plan on reading the Eyre Affair can still give thier answers.

1. The character of Jane Eyre is beloved by the community featured in The Eyre Affair. In this book they believe the ending to Jane Eyre to be different from how we know it, and they all agree that the ending is bad. And yet regardless they are all still very attached to the character of Jane. What character in literature are you that attached to? A character that you love even outside of their story.

2. On two seperate occasions in The Eyre Affair, Thursday and her aunt Polly, are able to enter into a world that exists in literature. Thursday into the world of Jane Eyre and Polly enters a world created in a poem by William Wordsworth. Now, when they enter these worlds they are just there to observe, they are not there with the purpose of changing the story, they are just there to see it with their own eyes. If you could step into a scene from a book, just to observe, which would you choose?

3. In the end of The Eyre Affair, Thursday does get the chance to change the ending to the story of Jane Eyre. If you could change the ending to a book, which would you choose and why?
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

Fun Questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fun Questions   Fun Questions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 5:18 pm

1. The character I love the most is Anne, from Anne of Green Gables. She reminds me so much of me when I was younger, just ask my mom. The way she makes everything so dramatic. She gets her friends together to act out some part in a story and nearly drowns. Then goes on and on about how romantic it would be to drown. She talks non-stop, but it is always about something, maybe not something all that important but it is about something not just nonsensical. That was always the part of the story where my mom would interrupt to tell me that I was just like that. Even at one part she distinguishes herself by making sure people spell Anne with an E, and I kid you not when I was younger I went almost 2 years where I insisted on spelling my name with a K.
Now I love the story of Anne of Green Gables, mostly because of Anne and Gilbert. The ending to the very last movie always makes me cry. But in that first story Anne is always ignoring Gilbert and in the book he is hardly even mentioned.

2. The scene from a book that I would most like to just walk into and observe is from The Silverchair by C.S. Lewis. This is actually my favorite book. It is the second to last book in the Chronicles of Narnia series (if you are going chronologically). When I was thinking of what book I would want to step into while reading The Eyre Affair, I wanted to pick a place that was completely unlike ours. I didn't want to go to our world just at a different period or something like that, I wanted to go somewhere truely unique. Then I realized that there is one part in The Silverchair that would be amazing to step into...

"... Everything was white. A lot of people were moving about. Then she gasped! The people were trim little fauns, and dryads with leaf-crowned hair floating behind them...she saw that they were really doing a dance- a dance with so many complicated steps and figures that it took you some time to understand it...and the music- the wild music, intensely sweet and yet just the least bit eerie too...Circling round and round the dancers was a ring of Dwarfs...As they circled round they were all diligently throwing snowballs. They were throwing them through the dance in such perfect time with the music and with such perfect aim that if all the dancers were in exactly the right places at exactly the right moments, no one would be hit. This is called the Great Snow Dance and it is done every year in Narnia on the first moonlit night when there is snow on the ground. On fine nights when the cold...and the moonlight, have got into their wild, woodland blood and made it even wilder, they will dance till daybreak. I wish you could see it for yourselves."

3. Now I have thought about this one a lot. What ending would I change? You see there are some books that I wasn't a big fan of the ending, but to try to change it you would have to change the entire book. I hated the ending to Cider House Rules, but you would have to cut out the whole last half of the book to fix that piece of crap. So the book I finally decided on was Odd Thomas. I would go to Stormy's house that day and lock her in. Of course she had a gun and wasn't affraid to use it, so if she thought I was on the wrong side she wouldn't hold back. So I might have to wait until she gets all the way to the mall and then lock her in a closet somewhere.
I thought about changing the ending to Breaking Dawn by delaying Alice so that there would have to be some kind of fight at the end, since most people agree the ending is very anti-climatic. But like I said before, that would mean that most likely someone would have to die. In the end I decided I wouldn't take my chances.
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com

Fun Questions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight Book Club :: The Rubber Room-
Jump to: