The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Blogging World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kate
Admin
Kate

The Blogging World Empty
PostSubject: The Blogging World   The Blogging World Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:12 am

I've tried my hand at blogging several times in the past. The problem is... Is it really a blog if no one reads it? I know it shouldn't matter, but isn't a blog a way of reaching out to people, sharing thoughts, ideas, and opinions? Sure it is!

I've wanted to do a book blog for awhile now. I became aware of the book blogging community thru my twitter account, and thru the twitter account Bittner set up for our book club site. Last year I came across a book blogger's 24 hour Read-a-thon. I thought the idea was a great one, but I wasn't able to participate because I was working an overnight that turned into two overnights. Sadly the book blogger who had started the whole, her name was Dewey, passed away shortly thereafter. But her site was always on my mind (I found her through mawbooks tweets)

I've been on a huge reading kick lately... although sadly not so much for our book of the month selections... and I just read all of the Southern Vampire novels, joined an awesome on line book rental site (think Netflix for books) called Book Swim, and have just been thinking about books and writing a lot in general. With the fall almost here, I've also been thinking of NANO- it's a site that promotes writing a book in the month of November. The past two years I've chickened out, but this year I plan on fully participating... all this lead my attention back to the book blog I've been meaning to start...

So about 28 hrs or so ago I started my book and things blog. In honor of our book club I called it Midnight Book Girl. It's not just about books, but that's the main focus. I also started a movie blog called Movie Hussy. Because that is how cool I am. And I got our friend Ame involved! Next up is Bittner and Mandy, but until Bittner gets a new computer or gets her old one fixed I don't know how much she can participate.

I also give a shout out on my book blog for this site, hopefully we'll generate some new members! Which is what I really think we need.

Here's the links to my awesome new blogs, so be sure to at least register and sign in to follow my blogs!

http://moviehussy.blogspot.com/

and

http://midnightbookgirl.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

The Blogging World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blogging World   The Blogging World Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 11:51 pm

reading your blogs and am interested in the tv/movie one. there is a line that says join now, but no way to click on it. how do i join? i do have lots to say about tv. for old movies, you need to watch Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, It H append One Night, any Harold Lloyd movie (they're silent, but HI-larious), and Shall We Dance. Right now I'm watching Roadhouse, since every channel is showing something about Patrick Swayze and I haven't seen it, and Brandon is in Dallas watching UFC 103. I hope Rich Franklin wins. He one of the hotter ultimate fighters. I was watching a prelim earliery, and some guy threw a punch and I guess dislocated his opposite shoulder. It was sticking out anyways. And that's why you don't overextend yourself. That's what she said. (They're illusions Michael, not tricks. A trick is something a whore does for money.) Oh arrested development, I hope they do make a movie of you.

Oh, and watch Legend of the Seeker on Hulu.com. That show is awesome, and there are abs that rival Jason Stackhouse's!!! Sam Raimi is responsible for this guilty pleasure. I love the fights scenes and want to name something Kaylen, it's such a pretty name.

nm, i figured the blog thing out. i don't know if i'm smart enough to pull it off though Razz
Back to top Go down
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

The Blogging World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blogging World   The Blogging World Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:55 am

K, here's my blog. It's long because I have a lot of shows to watch on Thursdays. I don't think it's that great because there's no analysis, but i'm sure i'll get better as i get used to blogging.

http://randomeathoughts.blogspot.com/
Back to top Go down
Kate
Admin
Kate

The Blogging World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blogging World   The Blogging World Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:47 pm

The Join Now! line is just the title of the picture, not an actual link. To follow my blog, you should just be able to click at the top of my site, or on the right hand side where it shows followers. I joined your blog, so i expect to see you on mine!! lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/
Sponsored content

The Blogging World Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blogging World   The Blogging World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Blogging World
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Midnight Book Club :: The Midnight Book Club-
Jump to: