The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stephen King vs. Twilight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

Stephen King vs. Twilight Empty
PostSubject: Stephen King vs. Twilight   Stephen King vs. Twilight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:19 am

Here is a link to the article. Basically, he doesn't like her writing but understands its place. Okay. I'd like to do a hyperlink, but it's not working. Sorry Kate.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/stephen-king-on-twilight-author-stephenie-meyer-can-t-write-worth-a-darn/18406?nc
Back to top Go down
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King vs. Twilight   Stephen King vs. Twilight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:21 pm

What were your thoughts on this Amanda?
Steven King is one of those authors that I would actually trust his opinon.
I have only read one of his books. But I really do trust his opinon as a writer.
I don't see him as the type of guy that would come out and deffend everything he has ever written. I see him as the type of guy who can recognize the difference in entertainment and quality, in a good writer and an enjoyable writier.
Now I recognize where Stephanie may be lacking in some skills, but I still think she deserves a lot of credit, and maybe some kinder words from Steven. I liked The Host, and all the Twilight books. And I still stand by that it has to say something about her writing that it bridges so many age gaps. I personally know girls in highschool who love those books, but also know girls in their 40's and 50's who are addicted to those books as well. I do know guys who like her books, however just not as many as I know girls.

I wonder if Michelle read the artical though, because he did praise Jodi Picolt, the author she likes. And for those of you who know Matt Cherry, he felt vindicated because he has been shouting the same thoughts about Stephanie for months now and loves Steven King for agreeing with him.
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com
Kate
Admin
Kate

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King vs. Twilight   Stephen King vs. Twilight Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 7:52 pm

I think Stephenie Meyer is a good story teller vs being a good writer. But in the end it doesn't matter. I didn't read Twilight to expand my brain, I read it because it contained hot vampires.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King vs. Twilight   Stephen King vs. Twilight Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 2:29 pm

Nicely put. I do have a werewolf crush at the moment though, since I saw the new Underworld movie last night. It will pass soon. Especially after I watch Buffy. Anyways, I didn't like how she over-explained things in the book and sometimes things went on forever (book 2), but overall it was an interesting series and maybe King is just a little jealous. I don't know much about him, but how long did it take for him to become popular and get a movie deal? But when he started, the media probably wasn't so crazy. Overall, the debate doesn't really matter. If he doesn't like to books then okay, that's the way it goes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stephen King vs. Twilight   Stephen King vs. Twilight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stephen King vs. Twilight
Page 1 of 1