The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Book for NOVEMBER

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bittner29
Admin
bittner29

A Book for NOVEMBER Empty
PostSubject: A Book for NOVEMBER   A Book for NOVEMBER Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Okay so I am at work and I only have 20 minutes til we close and I want to get out of here as soon as possible so I need to type this quickly so I can go close the safe and my drawer and try to be out of here by 5 after.

Kate is very into this whole NANOWRIMO thing. Basically Novemeber is the NAtional Novel WRIting MOnth, so NANOWRIMO is an non-profit group that organizes and gets all the writers and communities together to write novels in the month of November. If you want more info you can check out their site. Kate should be posting something on here soon.

Anyways, through this even there have been some books that have been published and gone on to be very succesful. So since I am joining Kate on trying my hand at writing, we thought it might be fun to read one of the books that have been published for our November book.

I was able to find 4 on the NANOWRIMO site.

FLYING CHANGES BY SARAH GRUEN which looked like it could be good

BREAKUP BABE BY REBECCA AGIEWICH which looked really different and might be really funny

THE MOTE IN ANDREA'S EYE BY DAVE WILSON which honestly when I saw it was going to cost $30 I didn't even bother reading what it was about

SELF STORAGE BY GAYLE BRANDEIS which I thought looked really interesting but the reviews weren't so good.

Also at the kick off party Kate took me to they mentioned WATER FOR ELEPHANTS which is also by Sarah Gruen, I think? But it looked really good too and I have heard a lot about that one.
So any way you guys let me know what your thoughts are and we will get a November book selected.
Back to top Go down
http://abductedbybooks.blogspot.com
tjy49
Midnighter
Midnighter
tjy49

A Book for NOVEMBER Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Book for NOVEMBER   A Book for NOVEMBER Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 9:08 pm

Here's what I've been reading: Shutter Island, which has only been creepy because of the previews and reminds me alot of The updated House on Haunted Hill with its experimenting doctors. And now that amazon has once again provided for my needs, I will be reading nightlight. Here's what on the back:

About three things I was absolutely certain. First, Edwart was most likely my soul mate, maybe. Second, there was a vampire part of him-which I assumed was wildly out of his control-that wanted me dead. And third, I unconditionally, irrevocably, impenetrably, heterogeneously, gynecologically, and disreputably wished he had kissed me. And thus Belle Goose falls in love with the mysterious and sparkly Edwart Mullen.

And now for a spoof that snl did last week-

firelight
Back to top Go down

A Book for NOVEMBER
Page 1 of 1