The Midnight Book Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Midnight Book Club

An On-line Book Club

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Night Circus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kate
Admin
Kate

The Night Circus Empty
PostSubject: The Night Circus   The Night Circus Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:08 am

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

I loved, loved, loved this book! I listened to the audio version by Jim Dale and fell in love at first sentence. I have seen a lot of love for this book on Goodreads and on various blogs, but I've also seen a fair amount of dislike. A lot of people felt the book focused too much on the circus and not enough on the characters, but because the circus, in my opinion, is a character, and so much a part of the other characters, it didn't bother me. Yes, there's a lot of description in the book, but it's so well written that it never feels heavy handed. I found the little extras charming, other people found they distract from the story. For me though this book was pure magic. My favorite character was Bailey, I loved his meeting of Poppet.

Have you read this book? I would love to hear your thoughts on it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.midnightbookgirl.com/

The Night Circus
Page 1 of 1